So exciting! You’re in the middle of a remodeling project, and you’ve just finished tearing off the old, shabby roof. You are now standing in your yard, looking up at the sun and admiring your handiwork when it hits you. You have yet to decide what kind of roof to put back on. Well, metal roofing is not only one of the most common, but also one of the most popular roofing choices these days.
But before you proceed, how can you be sure metal roofing is the best decision for your home? Or if you should be looking for roofing companies. Well, that’s what we’re here for. In this article, we’ll introduce metal roofing’s pros and cons and why looking for metal roofing in Jacksonville, FL, can be one of your best decisions. Keep reading!
Metal Roofing: Good Or Bad Idea?
Metal roofing is a type of roofing that uses metal panels or tiles to cover a home; it’s a very resisting material since it’s made of metal. But like any roofing material, metal has its advantages and disadvantages.
Pros Of Metal Roofing
- Safety: Metal roofs are the perfect choice for homes in wildfire zones because they won’t spark or ignite into flames during a storm.
- Environmentally friendly: Metal roofs are more environmentally-friendly than traditional shingle systems. Metal is recyclable at the end of its life, while most other materials have limited lifespans.
- Energy efficiency: Metal roofs are a great way to lower your cooling costs. With their ability to reflect the sun’s UV and infrared light rays, metal can help keep homes cool by up to 10-25%.
- Durability: Metal roofs are an attractive and durable choice that can withstand the elements. They don’t need any costly periodic maintenance like other roofing materials often require.
Cons Of Metal Roofing
- Performance: If you want to avoid problems with the metal roofing performance, like water damage and leaks, add another layer against corrosion or rusting when necessary.
- Affordability: Metal roofs are typically more expensive than other materials, but they last three times as long, so it pays off in the end.
- Noisiness: Metal roofs are frequently considered noisier than other products during heavy rain or hailstorms, but this can sometimes depend on the type of decking used for installation.
At Kayco Roofing, We Offer Top-Rated Installations!
Whether you’ve decided to install metal roofing or not, keep in mind that the quality of installation is just as important as the quality of the materials. At Kayco Roofing, we offer top-rated metal roofing in Jacksonville, FL, and our customers are always our top priority. We offer affordable metal roofing, so you don’t have to worry about breaking the bank.
Stop searching for roofing companies to help you with your roofing projects, and give us a call today! We’ll be more than happy to help.